Monday, November 29, 2010

Technique Post - Gift Canister

Good morning girls!!! Happy Monday.

Have you tried the fabulous Dapper Man line yet???? It is a super fun line and soooo manly ;)
Today I've got a cute little gift canister for you to make for all those men in your lives. It holds a tie quite perfectly...but you could put anything you like in it, of course!



To start off we'll gather our supplies. I took the label off of a small Crystal Lite canister. It's perfect because it has no other markings on it and makes a great little container.

I printed out a couple of strips of patterned paper, the pomade circle and a circle for the lid.

First I measured a piece of cardstock to fit the canister then cut the correct lengths of my patterned strips. I also took a piece of matching cardstock and punched the edge with a decorative border.

Line all this up on your background piece and glue every thing on. Center and attach your pomade circle. Now you're ready to adhere the main piece to your canister. I just put adhesive down the ends, wrapped the paper around and it sticks really well.

Now you'll get your ribbons and attach a little knot to make it cute....but not too cute. We're talking men here ;) I also wrapped a little twine around the canister and included it in the blue knot.

Lastly, you'll take your patterned circle, fit it on the lid and add a little brad to top it off.

There you go...easy, peasy.





1 comment: